How was your new year? Ours was pretty quiet, except for the kids. A couple of drinks, a marathon of Drunk History episodes (which is crazy funny, by the way) and asleep by 10pm. It was the perfect evening! Although, the people in Orlando that went to see Billy Joel ring in the New Year with his catalog of musical awesomeness would probably disagree.
So do you have any New Year’s resolutions? I have some things that I would like make happen, but they are no different from the last 20 years. It’s funny, these resolutions always have to do with giving up something like fat, drinking, overspending, fast women–and isn’t that really counterproductive—giving up? I was taught you should never EVER give up on something you really want. Always keep giving it your all and you will ultimately get it—whatever you are reaching for.
So rather than give you my list of life changing resolutions for 2015, I will give you my list of things I will not give up on this year.
- I will not give up laughing at my children.
- I will not give up photographing them either
- I will not give up gassing up my car, as much as I might like to.
- I will not give up my nicely molded-to-my-bum spot on my sofa.
- I will not give up finding crazy new creative projects to try, even if I wonder why I thought they were good ideas once I start them.
- I will not give up thinking about how great I would feel if I would just get on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
- I will not give up coffee, probably not sugar, and definitely not dairy.
- I will not give up trying to find new ways to make myself love broccoli.
- I will not give up cellulite no matter how much I would like to.
- I will not give up writing letters to you, Oprah, as much as you would like me to.
- I will not give up trying to get my feet used to wearing high heels, ever.
- I will not give up cocktails.
- I will not give up trying to make my husband laugh–especially at himself.
- I will not give up on my wish for my kids not to never have homework again.
- I will not give up thinking my children are the most beautiful children in the whole, wide world.
- I will not give up sarcasm. Period. It shows off my IQ.
- I will not give up avoiding cleaning my house when possible.
- I will not give up griping about the piles of laundry and loads of clean dishes in the dishwasher that await my attention.
- I will not give up my dread of football season.
- I will not give up constant my bafflement about what makes the Kardashians famous or interesting.
- I will not give up being grateful for the love of my family and friends and their health and happiness.
So here is to all of you who will work through 2015 trying not to give up! Keep going, peeps! You can do it! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!